The first step in creating a new recipe is completing the recipe set up page. On this page you need to enter some basic recipe details.
- Recipe Name Choose a name for your recipe
- Specify how many packages does the recipe make? This represents the number of packaged items your recipe makes. For example, if you make a recipe batch of 800g of cereal, and that creates 8 packages of 100g cereal, then you would write 8.
- How many servings in each package? This represents the number of servings that each package of your product has. For example, if each package of cereal has 100g, and the recommended serving size of cereal is 50g, then each of your cereal packages has 2 servings. If you do not know the recommended serving size of your product, you can check The FDA general guidelines for serving size in the form of Reference Amounts Customarily Consumed (RACCs). Generally speaking, the Serving size is the quantity of a particular product that is meant to be consumed in one sitting based on an average 2,000 calorie per day diet.
- Recipe category You have the option to choose a recipe category from a pre-defined list. You can also add your own custom category from My Profile Page.
- Suggested serving size The suggested serving size is an optional field, it is the amount of food generally consumed by 1 person per sitting. It is usually written in a common household measure. Examples can be 1 slice, 3 cups, 2 tablespoons, 6 pieces, or 10 fluid ounce (fl oz). It is manually inputted by you, if you don’t add anything in, then the weight in grams of the serving size will automatically show as the serving size.